Thanks for entering your favourite café into the COVERED. Magazine Café Coffee King 2016.
You are now in the running to WIN FREE COFFEE* for 1 year at your favourite cafe.
Share this competition with all your family and friends and remember to check-into your favourite cafe on Facebook and Instagram, and tag in #coveredcoffeewars.
COVERED. - Café Coffee Wars Competition – Terms and Conditions of Entry –
PART A – GENERAL TERMS
1. Information on how to enter the ‘COVERED. Magazine - Café Coffee Wars Competition’ competition (Competition) and prize details form part of these terms and conditions of entry.
2. Participation in the Competition constitutes acceptance of these conditions of entry. Entries must comply with these conditions of entry to be valid.
PART B – PROMOTER’S DETAILS
3. The Promoter is All Bases Covered Pty Ltd (ABN 46 075 758 548), trading as COVERED.
Magazine of Unit 2/8 Orchard Road, Brookvale NSW 2100. (Promoter).
PART C – WHO CAN ENTER
4. Competition open only to individuals 18 years of age and over.
5. Employees of the Promoter or the Promoter’s associated agencies or companies directly involved in the Competition and their immediate family members are ineligible to enter.
PART D – HOW TO ENTER
6. The Competition commences on15 March 2016 at 10am Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) and entries close on 30th April 2016 at 12.00pm [(AEST) (Competition Period).
7. The Competition is open only to individuals 18 years of age and over who reside in New South Wales.
8. Entry by coupon/form To enter the Competition, entrants must:
(a) obtain an entry form from the participating cafés.
(b) complete an entry form with all requested details (including name, address and contact number); and
(c) submit their completed entry form during the Competition Period at the participating cafés.
9. Online entry To enter the Competition, entrants must, during the Competition Period:
(a) log on to the All Bases Covered / COVERED. Magazine competition page at: www.allbasescovered.com.au.
(b) complete the entry form with all requested details (including name, address and contact number); and
10. Entry in the Competition is free excluding internet connection charges. Entrants of the Competition can only make one entry for each person they refer to the Promoter. Multiple entries from the same person is allowed provided each entry is for a different referred person. Multiple entries from the same person for the same referred person will be disqualified.
11. The Promoter, its agents, affiliates or representatives will not be liable for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
12. Entries must be received by 12.00pm (AEST) on 15th May 2016. The time of entry will in each case be the time the entry is received by the Promoter’s database. The Promoter, its agents, affiliates or representatives will not be liable forany lost, late or misdirected entries including delays in the delivery due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
13. Entries not completed in accordance with these terms and conditions, and any incomplete or indecipherable entries, willbe deemed invalid.
PART E – HOW TO WIN
14. All entrants who have entered the Competition during the Competition Period will be entered into the prize draw. The draw will take place at 12.00pm (AEST) on 19th May 2016 at the All Bases Covered Pty Ltd / COVERED Magazine studio at Unit 2/8 Orchard Road, Brookvale NSW 2100.
15. The winning entrant will be randomly selected from all valid entries in the draw. The winning entrant shall be the person who is identified by the first valid entry form drawn from the draw.
16. The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspect of the Competition is final and binding and the Promoter will not enter into any correspondence regarding the result, including in the event of a dispute.
17. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age, and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
18. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winning entrant:
(a) must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements; and
(b) may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, releasing the Promoter from and indemnifying the Promoter against any liability arising from the use of or participation inthe prize.
19. Should an entrant’s details change during the Competition Period, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
PART F – PRIZE
20. There is one prize to be won as part of the Competition. The winning entrant will receive: Coffee for one (1) year at one of the participating cafés in the COVERED Café Coffee Wars competition.
21. Where more than one person is specified or participates in the winning entry, then the prize is awarded jointly to all persons. The prize will be awarded to the person named first on the entry form.
22. The winning entrant is limited to one (1) regular coffee per day for 365 days, from the 1st June 2016, until 31st May 2017.
23. Unless specifically stated in these terms and conditions, the winning entrant are responsible for all other expenses in connection with the prize including but not limited to meals, drinks, incidentals and other service or ancillary charges and costs. The Promoter is not responsible for any damage caused or contributed by the winning entrant.
24. The prize (including any unused portion) must be taken as stated, and is not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash. The Promoter will not be liable in the event that the winning entrant does not take, or is unable to use, the prize or any portion of it for any reason.
25. Entrants grant the Promoter permission to communicate with them by email and/or telephone in order to provide instructions as to how the winning entrant is to claim the prize and establish his/her entitlement to it. The winning entrant will receive the prize within 7 days after the date of being drawn.
26. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize. Any taxes (other than GST, if any) which may be payable as a consequence of receiving the prize are the sole responsibility of the winning entrant.
27. If the prize is unavailable for reasons beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize of equal or greater monetary value, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
28. In participating in the Competition, the winning entrant agrees to participate and co-operate as required in all editorial and media/PR activities relating to the Competition, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. The winner entrant authorises the Promoter to use such footage and photographs together with the winner’s name, voice, video entry, image and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes in any media in perpetuity worldwide without additional compensation or further reference to the winner.
PART G – UNCLAIMED PRIZE
29. Subject, where relevant, to any directions given under the legislation regulating the Competition, if the prize is: (i) not claimed by the winning entrant by 12.00pm Thursday 2nd June 2016; or (ii) forfeited for any reason, the prize will be deemed unclaimed. The Promoter may conduct a further draw at All Bases Covered Pty Ltd /COVERED Magazine - Unit 2/8 Orchard Road, Brookvale NSW 2100 on Friday 3rd June 2016 (or such earlier date approved by the relevant regulatory authorities) at 12.00pm (AEST) as is necessary for an unclaimed prize. The winning entrant of any unclaimed prize will be notified by phone and email within 2 business days after the date of the unclaimed prize draw, and a public advertisement will be placed the COVERED Magazine Facebook Page and website, www.allbasescovered.com.au, announcing the unclaimed prize winner’s name and suburb (or town).
PART H – NO LIABILITY
30. The prize may come with guarantees from the prize provider that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. If those guarantees are not complied with, then you will have rights under the Australian Consumer Law. Subject to those guarantees and rights, the Promoter shall not be liable, and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the Competition, or the use of any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
31. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by an entrant or due to any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in the Competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of the Competition including any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
32. If for any reason, the Competition is not capable of running as planned (including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Competition), the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant who undermines the fairness of the competition (by, for example, tampering with, or using or exploiting errors in, the entry process to obtain a competitive advantage over other entrants), to take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, subject to any direction given under state regulations, or any written directions given by a relevant regulatory authority.
33. Once the prize has left the Promoter’s premises, the Promoter and its associated agencies take no responsibility for the prize being damaged, stolen or lost.
34. The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these terms and conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Competition. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
PART I – PRIVACY CONSENT
35. All entries remain the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the Competition, to assist in providing the products or services an entrant has requested (if any), and to improve its products and services. The Promoter or any of its related companies may use the information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, and may be in touch by any means (including telephone, email or SMS) at any time to let you know about products, services or promotional activities which may be of interest to you until you inform the Promoter otherwise.
36. The Promoter may also share your information with other persons or entities who assist it in providing its products or services or running competitions or trade promotions (including administering the competition or trade promotion or distributing prizes). The Promoter may also disclose your personal information in accordance with these terms and conditions if you are the prize winner, and as required, to Australian regulatory authorities.
Get our Newsletter
Sign up with your email address to receive news, updates & voucher deals from COVERED. Magazine